- Fire Doors Overview
- General Features
- Models 630, 631, 634 & 635
- Models 640 & 641
- Door Detail Brochures
COMMERCIAL ROLLING FIRE DOORS
Overhead Door Corporation offers a wide array of rolling steel doors to meet the most demanding fire safety standards, unusual opening sizes and discerning aesthetic requirements. Designed to close automatically in the event of a fire or alarmed event, our fire-rated doors are available for service door and counter applications in commercial, industrial, institutional and retail projects. All doors comply with NFPA-80, and are listed for both masonry and non-masonry applications — including installation to wood or steel jambs within drywall.
The Fire Sentinel® time-delay release mechanism provides an added measure of safety to control the doors’ closure.
GENERAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Standard Features At a Glance
- Fire doors are in compliance with:
»» National Fire Protection Association (NFPA-80) »» Underwriters Laboratories (UL &ULC)
»» New York City (MEA)
»» State of California (CSFM)
- Up to a four-hour rating on masonry, concrete and steel walls, and a three-hour rating on non-masonry walls to satisfy a variety of applications
- Mechanical resettable hoist (non-motorized) enables easy drop test and reset of fire door in seconds
- Viscous governor controls rate of door descent during a fire while reducing noise and vibration for quieter door operation on hoist doors
- Innovative planetary gear design ensures years of reliable service and drop-out performance on hoist doors
- Durability in design allows for daily operation, eliminating need for additional rolling service door
- Fusible link separates at 165°F (74°C) to automatically close the door in case of fire
- Guide assembly rests on floor for flush guide installation
- Flexibility in mounting and operation type
- FireKing™ Insulated Fire Door (635 Series) serves as thermal barrier, ideal for applications which require
separation due to climate control requirements
»» Energy efficiency, R-value of 4.5
»» Sound Transmission Class (STC) of 21, ideal for applications requiring sound control
»» Mineral wool slat insert offers Smoke and Flame Index of 5
- Factory Mutual (FM) label optional
- Operation: push-up, chain hoist, crank and electric motor (RHX® or RSX®)
- Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device
- FireLite® vision lites
- UL-listed brush-type smoke seals
- Flame baffle system (required for FM label)
- Photoelectric or ionization-type smoke detectors
- Horns and horns with strobes
- Cylinder locking bottom bar with mortise cylinder
- Wind load (FBC, TDI, Miami-Dade) available on fire doors only
- Powder-coat paint finish in 197 colors, or colormatched to architect’s specification
Models 630, 631, 634 & 635
Fire-Rated Rolling Service Doors
The 630 / 631 / 634 Series FireKing® Fire Doors are fire-rated rolling service doors which offer superior protection wherever a listed fire door is required. Common applications include: factories, warehouses, mills, distribution centers and parking garages. Customized fire doors are available for conveyour openings.
Fire-Rated Insulated Rolling Service Doors
The FireKing® 635 Series is a commercial rolling insulated fire door that offers the triple benefits of insulation, fire protection and sound attenution. This one door elimiates the need for separate fire and insulated doors. The Insulated FireKing® Fire Door has many product features that enhance its performance, including: UL, FM, New Your City, California (CSFM) and Optional "S" smoke label with up to four hour UL label.
Slat Selection and Finishes
Overhead Door Corporation offers the widest range of curtain slats and finishes in the industry. Five door slats are available in curved or flat profile in either galvanized or stainless steel. Galvanized slats are finished with a rust-inhibitive, roll-coating process that incorporates baked-on prime paint, and a baked-on polyester top coat of gray, tan, white or brown. Stainless steel slats are manufactured with a No. 2B mill finish or No. 4 Brushed finish.
Models 640 & 641
Fire-Rated Rolling Counter-Type Doors
The 640 and 641 Series are ideal for openings requiring a counter-type fire-rated door. Common applications include factories, schools, concessions, hospitals, cafeterias and retail settings. Labeled with either a 3-hour Class A rating for masonry applications, or a 1.5 hour Class B label in non-masonry fire walls, these doors are designed to expand upward in a fire, allowing the guides to be installed flush with the sill. Their compact, box-like form also provides an attractive finished appearance that requires minimum sideroom. The 640 Series has exposed components made of primed galvanized steel while the 641 Series exposed components are of stainless steel.
These doors are also available with a 1.5 hour fire-rate countertop with fire-resistant core and a variety of popular decorative laminate finishes. Added protection features, such as Fire Sentinel® and FIreLite® vision lites are optional.
Series 640 and 641 counter fire doors are UL approved and can be custom designed for conveyor openings.
AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
For your convenience, detailed information for Fire Door Selections are available for download in Adobe PDF format. Get all of the available optional configurations, sizes, and ratings information.
|Commercial Doors Brochures and Literature